M&S was established in 2008 with the mission of providing culturally competent and evidenced based mental health services to our clients as well as high quality customer service. Since our humble beginnings in a small basement of a house with no other employees than the founding members M&S has established itself as a highly respected provider for mental health services in northern New jersey.
Our experience enables us to offer effective outpatient, individualized, psychiatric and psychological care. We treat a number of mental health disorders, and provide a neutral and nurthured ground to individuals, families, and couples. M&S In-Home Counseling Division offers culturally competent visiting clinicians that work with children and adolescents throughout the state of New Jersey in the comfort of the families home.
Individualized, strength-based Psychiatric, Psychological, and Counseling Services for children, adolescents, adults, the geriatric population, and their families. State licensed by New Jersey Division of Mental Health and Addiction Services.
•Psychiatric Evaluations and Medication Management conducted by Bilingual Board Certified Psychiatrists and Advanced Practical Nurses (APN)
•Psychological Evaluations and Counseling
•Individual, Family, Couples, and Group Therapy provided in a culturally informed, family friendly setting
•Evening appointments available in two convenient locations
Satellite Counseling Services offered to Schools in need of augmentative support for students with behavioral and mental health challenges.
Specializing in ADHD, Anxiety, Bullying, Conflict Resolution Therapy and more!
We are looking to partner with schools and can assist in referring to the NJ Children's System of Care for comprehensive care management services.
M&S has expanded to 320 Lafayette Avenue in Hawthorne, NJ. We are taking new clients for outpatient psychiatric, psychological, and clinical therapy services. To make an appointment please call our main line at 973-341-9869.
• What Kind of Insurance do you accept? M&S Psychotherapy and Counseling accepts Medicaid and self-pay currently.
• What do I need to bring? Photo ID, insurance cards. If no insurance coverage proof of income. Proof of guardianship as appropriate.
• Do you have appointments after 5pm? Yes, our practice is open until 9 pm on weekdays.
• What is the right program for me? We have several different services and programs at our practice. Upon your first visit, you will receive an intake assessment that will help determine what treatment services may be best for you. You can consult with a service provider about all the services offered at M&S. We have a diverse team of experts ready to serve you.
• Is your staff multilingual? Yes, we have Spanish (and other languages) speaking staff and clinicians. We also provide culturally informed treatment at our practice.
• What is the difference between a psychologist and a psychiatrist? One major distinction is that a psychiatrist is a Medical Doctor who can prescribe medication and a psychologist cannot. There are differences in their training and preparation. Both have advanced specialized training in the practical application of psychological knowledge which focuses on psychotherapy. Our practice also has other clinicians, including nurse practitioners, social workers, and mental health counselors who have additional training after they obtained their clinical license.
Intensive In-Community Clinician needed to provide individualized mental health treatments to address emotional and behavioral challenges in children and youths. Work to empower families to more effectively manage the home environment and maintain children within their home settings. Prepare Individual Service Treatment Plans. Assist clients in additional clinical needs which may include, but are not limited to: referral, assessment, emergency plan development, and discharge planning.
Requirement: Master’s degree in Counseling, Social Work, Counseling Psychology or related field. Plus one year experience in providing individualized mental health treatments, preparing and implementing treatment plans. Proficiency in using cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), behavioral modification strategies and DSM-V.
Full Time and Per Diem Positions available.
Interested candidates please send resume to MS Integrated Psychotherapy & Counseling LLC d/b/a M&S Psychotherapy and Counseling at firstname.lastname@example.org
Depression, fear, and anxiety are some of the most common and uncomfortable emotions that we can experience at some point in our lives. Through counseling, treatment, and medication we are able to help you recover motivation, perspective, and the joy that you once had in your life.
In the past the psychology community has thought of trauma as the experience of direct physical harm or violence. This definition now includes threats of violence and the witnessing of violence toward others. You can imagine how we all may experience traumatic stress throughout our lives.
After experiencing a traumatic event, there are factors that prevent us from developing PTSD such as a supportive social network, immediate mental health intervention, and using other coping strategies.
Relationship counseling can be beneficial to couples who are looking to strengthen their emotional connection, in all stages of their relationship. Therapy sessions are held with both partners and are a supportive place to discuss issues and learn skills to strengthen your relationship.